What Is MindSonar Used For?
MindSonar can be used wherever it is important to understand how people think. Applications may be personal (e.g., helping a coaching client be a better parent) or business-related (e.g., selecting effective salespeople). By and large, MindSonar is used for the following purposes:
- Improving communication: Adapting messages to the thinking style of the people receiving the message. This improves both reception and acceptance of the message.
- Effective coaching: Helping people understand why they get stuck (e.g., experience unpleasant emotions and behavioral limitations) in certain situations and why they thrive (e.g., experience pleasant emotions and behavioral freedom) in other situations.
- Adapting working and learning situations to people: Adapting the dominant thinking styles in working and learning situations to the thinking styles of the people involved. This makes it easier for individuals to work and learn.
- Modeling excellence: Mapping out the thinking style that enables certain people to accomplish extraordinary things, in order to make that capability (more) learnable for others.
- Developing psychological capital: Enhancing the valuable elements in people’s thinking styles and thereby increasing the psychological capital of a group or an organization.
- Selecting candidates: Determining the thinking style that predominates among people who function well in a particular position. Selecting people who have a similar thinking style.
- Understanding competencies: Mapping out the underlying structure, in terms of meta-programs and criteria, of a particular skill set or competency.
- Changing culture: Identifying the dominant thinking style in a group to determine which meta-programs could be adapted to change the culture in a desired direction.